Sorry for the delay, last week saw an impromptu trip and so our regular update was delayed.
Last week we completed the second play test of World Builders 1. In this post test we focused on Neighborhood Watch. The heroes included Otis, a high powered time manipulator and crack pilot, Strife, a classic power martial artist, and Heliquin, who you may recognize from the Hall of Legends. With each character coming from different power levels this allowed us to play with the Bonus Willpower mechanics as well, pushing our clown princess to a whopping 14 Willpower for the scenario.
Running with the premise that the heroes were traveling through space, we had them landing at a space port for repairs. This is where Neighborhood Watch kicks in! The players select the following Talents to define the spaceport.
- Heliquin, Acrobatics, to explore the stations gravity.
- Otis, Street Smarts, looking to find out about the local underworld.
- Strife, Fitness, as she is the girl who swole.
After three rolls and related questions had the following:
Hive Space Port
1. Spaceport has faulty gravity generators
1. Space port is home to a race of alien warriors - they are the dominate culture in the port and make up a large portion of the security detail.
1. Zero-G Dancers/Theater
1. Trade is primarily handled through barter
1. Squatter communities have cropped up in areas normally not accessible due to the gravity issues.
1. Muscle head culture is prevalent
1. Gang of dirty merchants run an illegal protection racket in the main bazaar.
Otis, also sets up our conflict, based on his roll, as the merchant gangs.
Taking a short break, we whipped up some alien gangsters and went to town in a classic bar room battle royal complete with tentacles and blasters.
Overall, the session ran about 3 hours and everyone seemed to enjoy the mechanics of neighborhood creation. To touch on the bonus Willpower before we go, this allowed Heliquin, a low powered street vigilante to hang tough, acting as the team's face despite her frightening nature, and when the shooting started.
Want to learn more about Metahumans Rising? Check us out at: http://housedok.com/
Order a copy of the core book: https://studio2publishing.com/products/metahumans-rising?_pos=2&_sid=145b3fa95&_ss=r
Or, pick up the PDF: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/277614/Metahumans-Rising
Makers of the Open Action System: Fractured Kingdom Glass Shadows & Metahumans Risinghousedok.com