#Checkin welcomes you to Sunday, August 9!
Whether you are #newhere
, a regular or a visitor, this is #checkin
, which means you choose what you wish to do - wave, say hello, share your insights or continue a previous day’s topic, unrelated experiences, pics, poetry, music, memes, questions, or, just relax, sip on your pixel coffee/tea/drink and enjoy the company. There’ll be good folks dropping in from many time zones to join us. No need to worry about physical distancing here. 🤗
Surprise! it's me again, one of the members of the #checkin
mod team. @Nora Qudus
could not cover this day, so it's standard MO for this amazing team to step in for each other.
I was very moved by the comments of yesterday's postthread. Unfortunately, because I was travelling for most of the day through areas that had spotty or no internet, I could not respond till now.
For those of you who are experiencing excruciating conditions (my American cousins in particular), I have two thoughts 1) focus on the immediate community around you, keep you and yours safe. Re: covid19 - the mitigating measures are known and proven to work. Persevere, you will see the flattening of the curve among those who use these measures. There inevitably will be flareups - that's when we apply the mitigating measures again. The majority of each community needs to work together. If community seems impossible, start with your own bubble (6 or fewer), then link bubbles you know are safe - you'll find it's possible for people in entire communities to collaborate.
2) please keep on reminding yourself that between now and Nov 3, there are MANY forces that are deliberately doing their best to divide you further, distract you, make you feel awful and hopeless, hence do nothing. Do whatever you need to do to not let these elements succeed. I admit, I have to take a deep breathe before I update myself on US news every day. But before and after I do, I remind myself of the many brilliant, kind-hearted, humane Americans I know, whom I have no doubt know the difference between right/wrong and care about the well being of others. I know this group reflects the majority. Many of us throughout the world are enthusiastically cheering for you to find your way to feeling united, courageous and yourselves again.
Thank you for Julianna's forecast!
Almost forgot, today's topic:
Just because you had to tolerate my soapbox, please feel free to share a pet peeve or rant about anything. Note: this is the first time I've ever encouraged ranting. But I know checkineers are respectful regardless of how heated we get. I also know people in this forum are sincerely supportive and patient. (In the very unlikely event a troll happens to be surfing by, I'll be keeping a closer watch on this postthread. I have fewer distractions since I'm home again.) No worries if you're not in the mood for ranting, the whiteboard is yours for anything that happens to be in your mind. 🤣
- To find out more about #CHECKIN click here.
- To get included in the daily #CheckIn invitation just jump in and comment/like and someone will confirm you want a “mention” notification.
- To get uninvited let us know via comment or direct message.
- To be a GUEST HOST drop a mention in the comments below and a team member will get back to you.
Once I enjoyed an excellent artisan coffee in the place pictured. Heartfelt thanks to @Dave Sutton for creating the 3D Pluspora CheckIn GIF, and for the use of it. ❤️